How much is it? How many games will there be? How will PlayStation Plus work? Get the low-down on everything we've learnt about the PS4 since its announcement.
Discover what's been revealed so far about PlayStation 4, the new DUALSHOCK 4 controller and the initial games line-up. Once you're done here, head over to eu.playstation.com/ps4 for a closer look at the new system.
- Firstly the price. You'll be able to get your hands on the PS4 later this year for just £349.99 (RRP*).
- PlayStation Plus will carry across to PS4, with a single membership bringing benefits to PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 3 and of course, PS4.
- PS Plus on PS4 will allow users to seamlessly start playing games and join their online friends while spectating gameplay or enjoying cross game voice chat, as well as exclusive discounts, cloud game saves and Instant Game Collection.
- The Instant Game Collection will launch on PS4 with #DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition available at no extra charge.
- PS4 promises games that can be experienced whenever, wherever and however you want, thanks to a system specially built to cater to the needs of the best developers in the world.
- You'll be able to play digital titles as they download from PlayStation Store, and update PS4 even when it is switched off.
- Immediately pick up any saved game where you left off – the "suspend mode" of PS4 gets rid of loading times and lets you carry on by simply pressing the power button.
- Check out what your friends are up to and see the games, TV shows, movies and music recommended especially for you on the newly designed PS4 menu screen.
- Broadcast as you play via Ustream. If you get stuck, your mates can join in to help you or offer comments in real time.
- You can use a variety of applications, such as a web browser, while you play a game.
- Your favourite PS4 games will be playable on PlayStation Vita via Wi-Fi with Remote Play.
- Meanwhile, the new PlayStation App lets you turn your smartphone into a second screen – for example, to let you view a map or see how a friend is tackling the same part of a game.
- A new, built-in sensor will enable highly sensitive motion control.
- You'll be able to interact with games in new ways thanks to a touch pad on the front of the controller.
- Additional sound effects will come from an inbuilt speaker; a headset jack lets you hear these in detail as well as chat with friends.
- The controller's familiar dual analog sticks have been enhanced to provide better precision.
- New, curved L2 and R2 buttons will give you greater control.
- Upload images and video to Facebook with a tap of the new SHARE button.
- An LED Light Bar on the top of the controller will match the colour of in-game characters so players can keep track of each other. You'll also be able to spot when a character has been injured, for instance.
- A new camera has been developed alongside the controller, and tracks the location of DUALSHOCK 4 via its LED Light Bar.
Alongside the line-up we already know about, including the likes of Killzone: Shadow Fall, inFAMOUS Second Son, #DRIVECLUB, KNACK, Watch_Dogs, The Witness and Destiny, a massive number of games are in development for PS4, with more than 100 titles available within the first year of launch. Take a look at all of the games we know about at eu.playstation.com/ps4/games.
Check out the games and details of PS4 at eu.playstation.com/ps4 - make sure you bookmark it to stay up to date with all the latest PS4 news.
* Manufacturer's recommended maximum retail price. Actual retail prices will vary.